Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Prestissimo in the Water

April 10, 2012
Got here before noon.  At 12:30 the crew showed up and we got it in the travel lift and then tilted the boat back to rock the keel to the aft part of the keel well so we could get the plastic "bumper" for the front of the keel in.  Got it most of the way in with some 5200 hold it.  Then she went into the water.

Genset:  I checked the oil and added coolant to half way between Max and Min. Got the software connected. Added soapy water into the water pump and re-routed the hose to reduce wear.  She didn't start the first time, so I primed the fuel and she started up.

None of the fans worked.  I traced wires to figure out what was what.  There was still this wire with a ring connector connected to nothing.  It turns out that it connects to the only place in reach to connect it to - then the fans worked.

Instruments:  Everything worked.  The thru hull flap is working nicely.  I started Coastal Explorer and got the instruments talking to it.

Refer: Turned it on, and in a few minutes the plate was covered with frost.

Plumbing:  I filled the stbd tank and got the water pumping from the head sink and hose.  Turned the heat on, and had hot water.  When I turned on the recycling shower all the flakes of brown stuff came out.  I suspect it was bacteria that had dried out inside the heat exchanger.  In any case I cleaned it all out.  Got the water flowing into the sink as well and cleaned out the sprayer heads.

April 11, 2012
Got the dingy inflated and on the bow, freshened the numbers with marker and fixed a broken clip on the strap that holds the life jackets in place.

Went on a delightful check out sail with Bill.  The battens didn't catch the lazy jacks.  I had to re-tie the reef line.  I changed out the running back control lines.  The wind transducer on the front of the mast worked beautifully to adjust the boat on a beat -- that is why I put a mount there.  It is below the top of the mast so I don't have to worry as much about bridges.  When I get into an area with no bridges I'll move it to the top.

We ran on the motor to draw the batteries down and then run the genset at full power.  No problem.  Came back to Bock Marine.  It went quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment