Monday, November 8, 2010

Plumbing and Holes II

I got the air intake baffel epoxy coated and the large holes from the moved heater hoses as well as the little screw holes in the motor base filled.

PolarPower got the genset over to SoundWaves for the sound shield.  The original plan was that they would just make a pattern, I would get the genset and then after I installed it I would mark the pattern and they would make it up and send it to me.  However that can't happen because PolarPower needs the sound shield so they can test the genset inside it to see if it overheats.  So now I have to specify where all the hoses will exit the sound shield before I even see the engine let alone fit it into its space.  So I've  been analyzing the instructions and trying to diagram them over pictures of the genset from PolarPower and the instruction manual.
It turns out that because of the location of the generator to the water line and the heater circuit every hose that could need to exit the motor compartment and be mounted to a bulkhead needs to be installed.  If the genset were raised 9", then none of the hoses would need to be installed.  But of course it can't be raised the 9".  So now I somehow need to communicate with SoundWaves the locations of the openings for the hoses.
Tuesday 11/9/10
I sanded the baffle to smooth all the epoxy bumps off.  Then I cut out all the extra wood that used to support the edge of the cover (that the mattress rests on).  I used a "Multi Max" that vibrates a blade and it cuts through the wood slowly but surely.  So I sculpted some grooves for the angle bar to fit into making it much stronger than my original plan where the angle bar was only supported by being part of the 1/4" plywood baffle.

Then I screwed everything together and took my final measurements for the cut to remove a corner of the cover so it would fit snuggly next to the baffle.  Hay - it worked.  So everything fits and is very strong.







After I got all raw wood epoxy coated I started work on the plumbing.  I had to drill another hole from the galley  (behind the drawers under the sink) to implement the new plan for actually  having hot water in the galley sink.  I epoxy coated it with the other stuff.



I also finished up the plumbing under the head sink.  The fresh water comes in via a pump and then goes to a heat exchanger, thermostatic valve, and a diverter valve for the hose source.  The hot water also goes to the thermostatic valve.  From there the mixed water goes to the sprayer and the hose source valve.  Finally either mixed or cold leaves the diverter valve and goes both the the hose bib and the hose that lives under the sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment