Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Electrical & Fuel

12/7/2010
I did pretty well for a half day... I got all the fusees off the wall and wired the engine room & salon ceiling lights as well as the watermaker and primary DC-DC converter/battery charger.  I still have to wire the relays for the shaft seal pump and the stuff that starts with the genset.
     I also checked out the wind shield for the dodger, and it pretty much fit, so I can take it back and finish it.  Next time I'll put in the fasteners
12/8/2010
I got the relay and raw water pump wired so it can go on automatically with the autopilot or it can be turned on at the galley since it is the same pump as the raw water in the sink.  The raw water sink sprayer will have to be left off when not being used.

Then I started working on the fuel, and that was as much of a mess as I expected.  I think I got it figured out.  It turns out I bought almost nothing of what I needed.  So I need to find some different brass fittings.

Here is what the place looks like...
The starboard settee area.

The port settee.

Best of all, the quarterberth.

12/9/2010
A successful day!  I added a couple of feet to the Wabasto heater wires and got them hooked up to the fuse panel, so all the electrical is done except the stuff that goes on with the genset.
I also got all the fuel system parts and got it completely plumbed in.  I still have to hook up the electrical for it which is a bit complex because it can go on automatically with the genset or manually or be off.  
The fuel pump in in the foreground with the heater fuel filter strapped behind it.  The fuel can  be polished  through the filter with the electric pump or pumped out of the tank.
This shows the heater fuel pump located low to keep it primed.
The whole fuel system is going to be mounted on a strap that holds the tank in position.  If I have to move the tank to service the genset I can do it without disconnecting any fuel lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment