Tuesday, December 14, 2010

More Electrical & Clean Up

12/13/2010
I got the last of the electrical wiring (until the genset arrives) done, but while the connections are secure the wires are all over the place and need to be "wire tied" into need bundles.  I finished sewing the "windshield" for the dodger and got the "lift the dot" snaps installed.



Wow is it cold!  It is in the low 20's and the little electric heaters are doing their best to keep the interior temperature about 60 F.  Oh, yes, I got my stitches out they were really starting to itch.
I got one of those "air pots" the coffee dispensers where you push the lever to dispense the coffee.  I got the stainless interior rather than the glass vacuum because of concerns about breakage on the sailboat.  I mounted it next to the refrigerator in a location that is well protected, but really convenient and in a storage area that isn't good for much else because of the condensation on the side of the freezer.  It changes the way I drink tea in that I can get a small amount of hot tea rather than making a cup which soon cools off.
12/14/2010
I spent the morning tidying up all the electrical wires but it doesn't look like much in the picture.  Then I started cleaning up the boat.

12/15/2010
Believe it or not, I got the quarterberth cleaned up and ready to slide the genset through.  Not much else to do here until the genset arrives.  It is supposed to ship today, however yesterday they said they wouldn't ship it until it was paid in full... but the contract says I pay 10 days after delivery.  We'll see.
The quarterberth ready to slide the genset through it into the engine room.

No comments:

Post a Comment