Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pleasant Surprise in the Engine Room

The plumbing goes to the left of the battery, and the genset where the tape measure is.  The black box in the foreground is the fuel tank.

The aft end of the engine room
Well I got a very pleasant surprise after I got the engine room cleaned up.  First, putting the battery against the forward bulkhead leaves enough room for a Vetus lift muffler next to the battery (shown as a paper cylinder) which is likely to make the exhaust easy to locate.  The second surprise is that the heat exchanger just (barely) fits under the shelf supporting the octopus heat storage container. (The tan cylinder barely showing on the left.)  This will make the plumbing easy to install and keep it out of the way.  The only problem is I still have to move the fuel tank about 8", which leaves me with the delima as to whether to move the fuel filler hole or curve the filler hose which will prevent me from using a stick to measure the fuel level without removing the vent hose (which isn't hard to do).  The tank monitor has been working without problems, so I haven't needed to use the stick to measure the fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment